All 23 art Reviews

Happy Halloween 2012 Happy Halloween 2012

Very nicely done, as usual from you Decky.

I would have to say that my favorite part is how the background's color compliments the dark purple o the skull in the foreground. It is very eye catching and fun. The teeth being a separate color from the skull was a really good choice on your end; had they been the same color as the skull it would probably be kind of dull and tasteless.

The only problem I have is that the whole 'skull' theme seems to be getting a bit old. I understand you are good at it, but you should probably try expanding into a bit more adventurous stuff. Other than that, this is a really good piece and I hope you keep it up!

Decky responds:

Cheers Sectus and I know what you mean about it becoming old to draw skulls. I think it myself but I almost always end up drawing them. My next one won't be a skull though I promise.

Cool to be a Cat Cool to be a Cat

I must admit, your art style is definitely growing on me. I enjoy the water-color look it has to it as well. The color scheme is fitting, though I would have gone with a shade of red or maroon for the background to further compliment the purple-blue looking color of the main figure.

The only complaint I have is that the blood on the sword seems wrong. The entire blade should have been coated in blood based on the impact wound. There also could have been a little more shine added onto the blade of the sword for aesthetic affect, as well.

Other than that, this is a great submission, and is certainly on par with your others as well. Keep it up!

Reaper Reaper

Very nice,

Interesting take on it, to say the least. The general look is okay, and I enjoy the rugged feel that it gives. I have to say that the purpleish black robe is my favorite part of it. The color tone just seems to compliment the skull so well. The angered look the skull has is also complimentary to the rest of the design, and the teeth and nose seem rather well done too.

The only complaint I have is that the lack of a background seems to subtract from the rest of the picture. I feel like if a background had been placed, the image would have been much more easy on the eyes. Given the color of the robe and skull, I think that a red, or fire-looking background would have done the best, and would have complimented the purple nicely as a background.

Either way, this is pretty well done and I look forward to your future pieces of art.

Self protrait Self protrait

Beautifully done, I must admit. My favorite aspect of this piece is the golden color that the girl takes on, making her stand out from the background. Every part of this has a keen attention to detail put into it as well. I also enjoy the glow coming from her foot as well.

I love the way the drawing pushes an impression on the rest of the image as well, really makes it look rather surreal and wonderful. I love this picture, and you are a damn good artist (way better than me, at least). Keep up the good work. Favorited and 5'd.

Green Flame Skull Green Flame Skull

I like the basic look of it. The skull itself seems alright, and the only problem I have with it is the saliva coming out of the mouth despite there being no glands to provide it. I love the slightly alien look it has to it, with the eye directed at the viewer as well. The shattering of the skull seems alright, despite the fact that a few of the pieces don't look like they would match up with the places they apparently broke away from.

The background definitely compliments the image well, giving the green eye some definition. The shine placed inside of the eye was done alright as well, no complaints there. I would suggest making the brain look a bit less vein-filled, but that is just my personal preference. Other than that, it seems to be in several segments, making it a bit too cartoonish.

Seems like an alright illustration. Keep up the good work.

A Twisted Transparency| Adult A Twisted Transparency| Adult

Seems like a very nice design. I like the color scheme, red and black seem to mix very well in this piece. The entire piece seems to be done very smoothly, and I can definitely appreciate something like that. The symbol in the background, as well as the words are slightly confusing. They do provide as a decent back to the foreground body element, I must say.

Overall, there is nothing wrong with this. Very nice image, and it is obvious you put quite a bit of work into this. Keep it up, I hope to see more of this work out of you.

Celx-Requin responds:

It's a poster for my film, the insignia and the background words are elements pertinent to the story.

Thanks,
- Celx

Alatheina Alatheina

Very nicely done.

Detail - I love this picture mainly because of the beautifully done 3D feel that it has about it. The character itself is indeed rather interesting and charming in it's own way, but I think the touch of three dimensions really added to the picture's beauty as well.

Character - The character itself is a rather interesting concept as well. It has the basic form of a woman, and the wings add a touch of supernatural to it. I also enjoyed how the wings expanded only a little bit from the body, and the strings of them continued outward.

Background - The background element was a nice touch. It fits well with the dark toned character, and really compliments it too. I love cold color pallets, and this does a really nice job of making everything soft and cold looking, with mixes of blue, black and grey. Very well done!

Overall - Wonderful piece of art. You should be proud of this as it was well done, and it seems like it would have taken forever to do. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing more from you.

Ink Dragon Ink Dragon

This is a very nicely done piece of artwork. I know it must have taken a while, and I don't really have many criticisms for you! Good work!

The intricate design was honestly the best, and my favorite part of the piece. The dragon is done very well, especially in the midsection and head areas. The scales have a very good feel of indestructible power to them due to the way that you have drawn them, which is very good as well.

The only real complaint that I can think to make about the piece was that you could have brightened the colors up a tad bit in the background to help further define the shape of the dragon in the foreground, and possibly added colors to the dragon himself. While there is nothing to draw the eye away from the dragon, it would be nice to see him colored up.

I also love the Samurai Jack feeling that this picture gives off. I don't know if it is just me alone that can sense this, but it has a very similar design to the characters and creatures off of that show. I would say you have done very well with this piece, and I hope to see more from you in the future. Happy Drawing!

EchoRun responds:

I did consider colouring the dragon but at the time nothing came to mind that wouldn't make him look cheesy, over-worked or garish. I also tried boosting the colours in the background but again it just became too much for the peice and it started to look cluttered. However thinking about it now and with more art experence under my belt, I do have an idea of what I could do with colouring more art like this one, so future ones may be more colourful. :)

Thanks for the review. :)

Quote and Curly Quote and Curly

I enjoy the bubbly art style you used on the characters in this piece, and the blue background really helps compliment their features. I also enjoyed the usage of hair to make the robots seem slightly more human than if they had not been given any hair.

The expressions and poses were also well done too. The only thing I can really think to complain about is the shading, which could have been done a little better than it is. Other than that, very good job. Keep up the good work!

Aigis responds:

Done better in what way?

I TOLD YOU I WOULD IMPROVE! I TOLD YOU I WOULD IMPROVE!

Very well done, this art does indeed show much promise.

Character - I like the general look of the character itself. Very pronounced and confident looking, which is always good when drawing a face. I noticed you were using the ever popular effect of drawing the eyebrows through the rest of the head, which to me has always been an enjoyable effect. No complaints on this section, very good work.

Colors - I loved the way you used those bright, vibrant colors. They really help to compliment the rest of the character, and are truly impressive alongside the well drawn character. They both compliment each other so well. Keep up the good work!

Overall - Very nice picture, and while it isn't the best, it is very well done, and is a good piece overall. Props to you for this.